Uses & Instructions
See all the uses you can do with Crystal Colors & Crystallized Pearl Colors.
- Knead crystal color directly into commercially made fondant. Let set for around 2 hours to develop color. Please keep fondant wrapped tightly in plastic bag. This will not stain your hands like liquid or gel food coloring.
- Painting: Mix crystal colors with either lemon extract or vodka to paint on cakes, or cookies.
- Mix Crystal Color with dry ingredients to color food items.
- Mix Crystal colors with a little of powdered sugar then add to icing, like royal icing. This will take 1 to 2 hours for the color to completely develop. Once color is developed, it will not change colors or fade.
- Buttercream Icing: mix ¼ teaspoon of crystal color with ½ teaspoon clear vanilla or lemon extract. Then mix into pre-prepared buttercream icing. Mix Crystal Colors with Crisco to make a paste color, then add to butter cream icing. Also, you can mix Crystal Colors with butter then add to butter cream icing. We recommend if you’re using real butter, use unsalted with no color additives as some butter contains FDC yellow 6.
- Mix into candy melts or mix color into melted chocolate.
- Sanding sugars or Jimmies may be colored with Crystal Colors. Add small amount of color to sanding sugars or jimmies and shake in a jar. No need to wait for them to dry or break apart after coloring. Ready to use right away.
- Crystal colors can be mixed into shortening to paint with as well.
- Dusting Gum Paste Flowers: Work color into brush (sable flat shader style brush is recommended), then work from the outside edges in toward the center. A little color goes a long way.
- Crystallized pearl color mixed into isomalt gives a beautiful dispersion of color.
- Bright white, gold and elegance may be mixed with vodka and be used in an airbrush. This gives a beautiful sheen to cakes and adds a touch of bling to your cakes.
- Crystal colors mixed with karo syrup can color buttercream or make a heavier looking paint medium.
- Crystal colors can be mixed with vegetable oil for painting on cakes or cookies.
- Mix Crystallized colors with alcohol and paint onto raw cookie dough. Then bake. They will have a shimmer to the cookies.
- Mix Crystal Colors with Royal Mix then make Royal icing.